General Gym Policies
- All athletes must have a signed authorization and release form on file or online before they may participate in any activity at United Elite and/or Colorado Elite.
- No family or athlete will be allowed to participate with an outstanding balance on their account.
- All family accounts must remain up-to-date with all current emails, addresses, and phone numbers.
- All athletes, parents, and guardians will be responsible for all collection fees, attorney fees, and court cost.
- No Family or Athlete will be allowed to charge anything to their account (with the exception of those signed up for auto-pay on the first of the month).
- Athletes must pay the annual registration fee (which is pro-rated quarterly) when joining either United Elite and/or Colorado Elite (This also includes those taking privates and open gyms)
- Registration and tryout fees are assessed on a yearly basis.
- United Elite and/or Colorado Elite will NOT give out medication.
- United Elite and/or Colorado Elite send out statements via email.
- Returned checks or credit card payments are subject to a $50 fee.
- Members will be responsible for all collection fees, attorney fees and court cost.
- Do not bring any valuable items into the gym.
- United Elite and/or Colorado Elite are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Only athletes with a completely filled out and signed authorization and release form attending a United Elite and/or Colorado Elite class are allowed to be on the equipment or gym floor.
- Please do not enter the gym before being called by your coach.
- Athletes who arrive early for classes are not to use the trampolines, tumble tracks, or floor areas without coach supervision and permission.
- Siblings must be supervised by adults and kept out of the gym area– this includes the preschool area!
- Appropriate work-out clothing must be worn at all times.
- Appropriate clean shoes are required. NO STREET SHOES allowed.
- No gum, food, or drink on the gym floor.
- No jewelry of any kind.
- Hair must be pulled back in a ponytail at all times unless instructed by coach.
- Positive attitude and language required at all times in the gym.
- Follow staff directions at all times.
- One person on the trampoline at a time.
- Please put bags, shoes, and personal belongings in the appropriate place.
Tumbling and Cheer Policies
- Tuition will not be prorated for absences. Athletes are allowed two make-ups per semester for missed classes. The gym must be notified of the absence prior to the class, and you must schedule your make-up in advance.
- Late-joining athletes or athletes that cannot commit to the entire semester will be able to purchase classes at a per class price and a minimum of 4 classes. Classes fill early, and late-joining athletes may not be able to register for their desired class days and times.
- Any athlete that misses the first two classes for each semester without notification will be dropped from that class, and no refund will be given. If dropped from a class all athletes must re-register for the new semester.
- Inclement weather closures will be announced on the gym website, Facebook page and Twitter. Tuition is not pro-rated for inclement weather closures. If the gym is closed for inclement weather, athletes will be allowed an additional makeup or an open-gym pass.
- Athletes must be enrolled in the correct class for their age and skill level based on staff evaluation. Elite staff reserve the right to move athletes to classes that are appropriate for their skills and age.
- Classes may be cancelled if they do not have a minimum enrollment of 4 athletes. If your class is cancelled, you may choose another class. This will be decided by the Elite Staff.
- United Elite and Colorado Elite have a NO REFUND policy.
- All class trials are allowed a 5 minute window to join the class late and after the 5 minutes expire the class will close.
- Paying customers may enter the class up to 30 minutes late with the understanding that being late does not mean you get a make-up class and the cost of the class will not be prorated. All customers must call in advance if they are going to be late.
If you have any questions contact [email protected], call us at – (303) 799-6920 or please fill out the form below: