4850 Northpark Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
phone: (719) 453-7631 email: [email protected]
Know someone interested in cheerleading? Looking for an alternative to competitive cheerleading? Have a younger sibling interested in cheerleading? The Colorado Elite Pre-Team Cheerleading Program is perfect for you or your athlete.
What is the Elite Pre Team?
The Elite Pre Team is a part of our All Star Program. On this team athletes will learn all skills involved in cheerleading (tumbling, stunting, jumping, dancing, motions, etc.). They will then put these skills together in a routine and will compete once at the end of their season in Denver. This is a great introduction into competitive cheerleading without the full time/financial commitment.
How long is the season?
The Pre Team will begin September 5th and go through the end of February. In September/October practices will be focused on skill building and then as the season progresses they will put together their routine for their end of the season competition!
How many competitions do they attend?
The Pre Team will compete at one competition in February.
What are the age requirements?
We will offer Pre Teams at the Mini (5-8 yrs), Youth (11 & under) and Junior (14 & under) age divisions. Which teams we have will ultimately be decided by the athletes we have interested.
When are practices?
Practices for our Pre Teams will be once a week: Juniors – Tuesdays from 6:00-7:00pm Tinys – Sundays from 2:00-3:00pm
What is the cost?
The full season cost for the 2017-2018 season is $550 + $50 yearly registration fee.
Is tuition all-inclusive?
Yes, tuition is all inclusive. Tuition will include their uniform, bow, instruction, and competition fees. There will be no extra fees required outside of the tuition.
For more information, please reach out to our All Star Director, Emmy at [email protected], call us at 719-453-7631 or fill out the contact form below:
Our objective is to provide each athlete with a positive and constructive training environment, which promotes the development of cheerleading skills as well as maturity through teamwork and competition. We believe this will result in the best cheerleaders possible . Our facility gives us a competitive edge in providing our athletes with the necessary tools to achieve their competitive goals.
All-Star cheerleading has evolved into one of the most exciting, fast paced, and strenuous sports scored by a panel of judges in the world. All-star cheerleading is broken down into competitive levels by age and ability level. Competitive cheerleading is scored based upon the execution of tumbling, jumping, dancing, motion technique, tosses, stunting, performance and choreography. Athletes will be placed on teams based upon their abilities as well as their mental mindset.
The 2017 Colorado Elite Tryout Packet is out!
We’d love to have you! A whole new STORM is coming to Colorado Springs!
Any Questions? Fill out the form below!
Colorado Elite Recreational Tumbling and Stunt Classes Winter Session
October 23rd – February 4th
Tiny Tumblers – 4:00-5:00pm
Just a Tuck/Handspring – 5:00pm-5:45pm
Beginning Tumbling – 5:00pm-6:00pm
Intermediate Tumbling Class – 6:00pm-7:00pm
Advanced/Elite Tumbling Class – 7:00pm-8:00pm
Beginning Cheer 9:00am-10:00am
Intermediate Tumbling Class 10:00am-11:00am
Beginning/Intro Tumbling 11:00am-NOON
- Tiny Tumblers – For athletes 18 months to 3 years old. Participants and a parent will work through tumbling skills, body awareness, counting, colors, and the alphabet as they play. As the class continues, participants will learn to do the drills themselves and bond with each other. Parents are encouraged to join their little athletes in class so that they can enjoy the time together.
- Introduction to Tumbling – For athletes who are at the beginning of their tumbling career. There are no pre-requisites for this class. In this class, athletes will work on skills including forward rolls, backward rolls, handstands, cartwheels, and round-offs
- Beginning Tumbling– For athletes who have some experience with tumbling and have mastered the following skills: forward roll, backward roll, backward roll to push up, handstand, handstand forward roll, cartwheel and round off. In this class, athletes will work on skills including standing back handsprings, round-off back handsprings, standing back handspring series, round-off back handspring series, and toe touch back handsprings.
- Intermediate Tumbling Class – For athletes who will be building on the following mastered skills: Standing back handspring, round-off back handspring, standing back handspring series, round-off back handspring series, toe touch back handspring, and back handspring step out. In this class, athletes will work on skills including round-off tuck, round-off back handspring back tuck, front handsprings and punch fronts.
- Advanced Tumbling Class – For athletes who will be building on the following mastered skills: Round-off tuck, punch front forward roll, punch front, round-off back handspring tuck, and front handspring. In this class, athletes will be working on skills including standing tucks, standing back handspring tucks, layouts, punch front step outs, standing back handspring series to tuck/layout, and jumps to back handspring tucks/standing tuck.
- Elite Tumbling Class – For athletes who will be building on the following mastered skills: Standing tuck, standing back handspring tuck, toe touch back handspring tuck, toe touch tuck, cartwheel tuck, round-off layout, round-off back handspring layout, punch front step out, standing back handspring series to tuck, standing back handspring series to layout, and multiple jumps to tuck. In this class, athletes will be working on skills including fulls, doubles, Arabians, and various elite alternate tumbling skills.
- Beginning Cheer Class – For athletes who are looking for an introduction to cheerleading. Athletes will be working on basic stunting and motions.
- Just a Back Handspring- This workshop is suggested for athletes who have some experience tumbling. This workshop helps athletes master their standing back handspring as well as their round-off back handspring. This workshop is suggested for participants who can demonstrate a mastery of the basic skills of tumbling, as well as, an unassisted back walk-over.
- Just a Tuck– This workshop is suggested for athletes who have some experience tumbling. This workshop helps athletes master their standing back tuck, round-off back tuck and round off back handspring tuck. This workshop is suggested for participants who can demonstrate a mastery of the basic skills of tumbling, such as a standing back handspring. $15 per class or $55 for the month
*All athletes must be evaluated before joining Intermediate tumbling or higher
Important Session Dates
**Yearly registration fee of $50 will be due May 1st
** All Star Athletes and High School athletes will receive a discount. Please contact Support for more information
If you have any questions about our Fall Rec Classes contact [email protected], call us at – (719) 453-7631 or please fill out the form below:
Colorado Elite boasts the most experienced High School instructional staff in Colorado with the track record to back it up!! The majority of our staff are full-time employees of Elite Cheerleading Services who have expertise in all facets of cheerleading training. Email us at [email protected] or call us at (719) 453-7631 for more information!
Cost: $8 ($5 for college students with valid college ID)
Open Gym is a great way to work on your skills! Our Open Gym is a fully supervised class with instructors who are available to help out with your skills, as well as full access to all of our equipment – spring floor, cheer floor, tumble tramp, and trampoline.